Page Navigation

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lunch at Kitchenette: Lots of Favorites


There are a lot of things I LOVE. You, blogs & coffee. E! News, flip flops & bubble baths. Wine, sandy feet & lip gloss. You get the idea.



Chalkboard Menu Easels, Mason Jars & BLT's are also on the list. It's rare to find them all in one place but ...drumroll....I found them at Kitchenette! Yesterday I headed Downtown to their Uptown location for a late lunch. That's what happens when you live in the Bronx: everyone's Uptown is your Downtown. Anyway, I headed downtown, cut thru Columbia's campus and walked up a bit to Amsterdam. Everyone and their mother's cousin was outside enjoying the sunshine. It was glorious.


This lovely favorite greeted me on the sidewalk at the entrance. Sometimes I wish I could write all fancy like that at work but I don't think 1st graders need to learn about swirly letters quite so soon.

The front of the restaurant has an adorable counter with all their baked goods. Go see for yourself. But I don't want to spoil your or my lunch so no pics :)

Around the corner from the entrance & counter is the seating. This place is shaped like an upside down U and a little cramped but fun. I've been for weekend brunch, if you go then prepare to wait. But since it was Monday and after the typical lunch rush I got seated right away. I spied a favorite on the menu very quickly. Turkey BLT. Hello lover. Available with fries, green or cole slaw on the side. Hello slaw come to mama!

Can we discuss the awesomeness that is how they serve cold beverages? I really love everything having to do with dining & entertaining. Well duh, that's the subject of this blog. You name it: everyday dishes, fancy china, gadgets - all loves of mine. But drinkware is my true love. Probably because of all the plastic stuff we had growing up I'm now attracted to everything breakable. Funny how that works out eh?
That being said, I love how a mason jar is relaxed and so casual for enjoying a beverage. Remember that part about loving sandy feet? In a perfect world I'd have sandy feet and a mason jar of lemonade in my hand every night. Lip gloss optional.


If you're uptown near Columbia & Barnard head over to Kitchenette for a great meal. They also have a downtown location on Chambers Street.
.


xo,
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment