Page Navigation

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Lunch Bunch

I love lunch. Ok, I love every meal.

Lunch at work is crazy time. I have 50 minutes to eat and get ready for the afternoon. Not a lot of time. Restaurant wise there are some good choices around our school but not enough time to go out or get take-out. Usually I get a sandwich from my beloved Deli guy at the Supermarket across the street. But that even takes time & I am getting bored of my turkey & swiss. Have not cooked yet this week so there aren't leftovers. Frozen meal it is!

I have blogged already I think about my love for Amy's meals. Today I tried a new brand: Kashi
Kashi has some great foods - cold & hot cereals, snack bars and frozen meals. Check out the website for a complete list.

yup eating at one of the kid's seats...see the alphabet sticker?

Today's meal was Chicken Florentine.I believe I read about it in Eat This, Not That. Florentine was suggested over another brand's chicken entree because it is more filling and has less sugar.
The book is one of many in a series, I really suggest you check them out. It really makes you help make good food choices.
I was a little nervous since there are so many ingredients & thus room for error/bad tastes. But let me tell you - this lunch was SO good! Chicken, orzo, real mushrooms & peppers: it all tasted so good. And cheesy. Melted gooey cheese thanks to a little too long in the staff room microwave. I think the machine is possessed...

The back of the box talks about the fiber & protein content and how filling this meal is.
Along with the meal I had an apple, a small box of raisins and 2 rolo candies. Drank some ginger ale & lots of water. I was not hungry at all this afternoon! YAY! No headaches or really wanting something sweet either. Yay Kashi!

Remember when you eat a frozen meal like this to drink plenty of water as the sodium content is usually very high! This meal has about a quarter of the rec'd daily intake. I've seen meals which MUUUUCH higher amounts so considering how happy I am with how it tasted & keeping me full, I'll let it slide but will be sure to keep drinking water next time I have it for lunch.

What do you like for lunch?




xo,
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment