Page Navigation

Monday, April 12, 2010

Easter Recap


Yeah I know it was over a week ago. Woops. But here's a little recap of Easter 2010 - uptown style.



These pics don't do justice to how amazing this church is. I really feel lucky to have gotten married in such a historic & beautiful church.
Did not get married here in the Nave where Sunday services are. Still it makes me smile to go back and sit so close to Christ Chapel where we did say our "I dos"

I learned during the sermon that this Easter was very special as it fell on April 4th. On April 4 1967 Dr. Matin Luther King, jr gave an Anti-Vietnam speech from here. I had no idea! I don't want to get political in an otherwise food & fun blog so I will just say it was a very powerful experience to find out & hear more about the event. Here's a quote from the 1967 speech "If we will make the right choice, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our world into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood."

Brunch reservations were stupidly made on the Upper East Side. Which had to be cancelled last minute when I saw what time it was when we left church. Never going to get from West 120s to East 60s in half an hour. Plan B. Le Monde I love love Le Monde. :)
Looks really healthy right? Granola & Yogurt with yummy fruit. So healthy. Please pay no attention to the side of bacon hiding in the upper right corner :)

After brunch, I can't believe I did this but it is what it is, I changed shoes. UGH. I love my heels but they do not love me. So, flip flops came out and big girl shoes went away. We walked down to 93rd & got Rita's ices. No way I could have gone 20+blocks without the switch.

Hope you had a blessed Easter & Passover season. Spring is here!

xo,
Michelle


1 comment:

  1. That church is GORGE I've never been inside, thanks for the snaps! Happy Belated Easter!

    ReplyDelete