Page Navigation

Monday, January 28, 2008

Where's dinner?


Aside from some breakfasts, I don't know when the last time I cooked a real meal. I made couscous from a BOX last week. A BOX. As in boil water & mix in awful dehydrated stuff. The only fresh addition I made was some halved grape tomatoes. It was not that good. Does anyone else still remember Richard Scarry and his story CousCous the Algerian Detective?? Great children's storybook!! 
I had reason for my culinary insanity. 5 nights of a 5pm - 7:30 class down in the city. So I grabbed quick sandwiches before class, along with a tall skinny Starbucks treat and that was that. I've missed my kitchen.
Oddly enough, I think our fridge has the most stuff in it I've ever seen. The door is full of juices & condiments. And I think a half consumed bottle of champagne. The drawer has veggies and fruits. The shelves are stacked as well. Still, I need a few things if I'm going to start cooking dinner again a few nights a week. For starters, some kinda meat. Recipe searching soon is a must. 
Oh...and there's a new addition to our kitchen! A post & pics to follow later this week. After I cook something! 
(pic credit - amazon.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment