Page Navigation

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

How do you spell disaster?


P-I-Z-Z-A    D-O-U-G-H
Seriously? What was I thinking? 
Reasons why homemade pizza was not a good idea...
1. Deciding at 4:30pm on a Saturday that making anything that involves yeast = not eating till at least 8pm
2. Aside from English Muffin Pizza & Pre-Made Crusts, I've never made this before
3. Apparently I can't read a recipe, and put in 3C of water not 1C (helloo cake batter!)
4. Dough can rise during cooking. News flash to me...
Darling Husband swears it came out ok, tho he did say it was more like a calzone than a pizza. Oh well. When I realized what I had done with the water, I added more flour so now I have enough pizza dough to start my own restaurant. My second and third tries have been better, so I can't beat myself up about it too much but still. LOL
The recipe I used is from here, Fabulous Food Finds. Why? BC I got this brilliant idea to make pizza while on the subway, used my phone to google & this is what came up first. 
Pizza Pics are here, on Flickr. 

1 comment:

  1. o no! but it looks pretty....just keep at it. when im in a rush i make fish, and steam a veggie, and make some cous cous, all in all it's like a 15 min project....

    ReplyDelete