Page Navigation

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Family Cookie Recipe

My kitchen is in NO WAY ready to take on this recipe equipment wise. But I've been thinking about the little Lithuanian grandma who gave this recipe to my not so little Polish grandma. They loved to cook together, have adventures, sew quilts, and swim. Note to self, find a pic of them next time I'm at my parents. They cooked for a crowd always....and if it really wasn't a crowd, well they were cooking for a few very hungry people. I think this is one of my first 'food memories'. Being about 3yrs old, standing on a kitchen chair, helping her add ingredients to the KitchenAid mixer. Sigh. And the other grandma, wow she could do amazing things with food. Braid bread, peach cobbler AND she knew how to fold a cloth napkin into a little doll!! Amazing. 

So...here's Monster Cookies - grandma style. I have my grandma's recipe card of this, in her handwriting on my fridge. I look at the large amounts of ingredients and laugh! It's one of those things I hold SO dear to my heart, I'd take it with me if there was a fire!! Anyway....

Monster Cookies  ~*~  serves 'a lot' 
2lbs sugar    ~*~   1doz eggs
1lb Oleo   ~*~    3lb Crunchy Peanut Butter
8tsp Baking Soda    ~*~     1tsp Vanilla
18C Oatmeal (1large box +)
1lb Choc. Chips   ~*~   1lb M&Ms  ~*~  1lb Raisins

Mix in Order. Grease Cookie Sheet. Bake 12min @ 300. Let sit before removing from cookie sheet. 

There are a ton of scaled down recipes online, I looked. But....well it just wouldn't be the same!

1 comment:

  1. cookies are so addictive, ive started collecting all my fav choc chip cookie recipes. if u have time feel free to check it out.

    happy bakin'
    ben

    ReplyDelete