Page Navigation

Friday, January 4, 2008

Cold Weather Food

Yesterday's high temp was 22. As I left work around 4pm, I'm sure it was closer to the low of 15. I could feel the chill in the air thru my multi-layer coat (outer shell, down, fleece layers). I knew I needed something quick & easy but warm and yummy for dinner. So off to Stop & Shop I went. 

My favorite cold weather warm me up meal - tomato soup & a grilled cheese sandwich. 

Tomato Soup
I'm a die hard Campbell's Soup fan. It's the only soup in my kitchen. I get Tomato Bisque, with a few chunks of tomato in it. It's condensed - but I don't use a full can of water. Instead I use half water, half milk to make it a little thicker. I add a few small pieces of cheddar cheese as well. 

Grilled Cheese
Kraft Singles, White Wonder Bread. Again, all about the name brands. Which I usually don't care about but with some things, ehhh it's ok. 

How to Grill
I use my beloved George Foreman Grill, sprayed lightly with some PAM. And after a few minutes....YUM. My parents sent me the GFG soon after I moved to NYC. That was about 5 years ago, and he's still 'knocking out the fat". 

We got a slow cooker as a wedding gift...so I think some other warm foods for the cold weather will have to be investigated!! What do you like to eat when the temps go down? 

No comments:

Post a Comment