Page Navigation

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Then Labor Day Came and Went..."

Post title thanks to the Death Cab for Cutie song "Summer Skin"


Love it!


Let's take a look at Labor Day Weekend before I start being Ms. Maiden Name, Kindergarten teacher to 12 little gems tomorrow. Have I ever mentioned I love this job?!
(3yrs married and I still haven't changed my name at work...whatever...moving on...)

Friday I cleaned, did a few things for work. Was great to enjoy some quiet time with just me and my Dunkin Dounuts iced coffee. 8 years working and I'm finally realizing the importance of taking time for ME. To center, refocus, find balance. A must do during these hectic beginning of the school year days.

Saturday - trip to the school supply store, Barclay, in Brooklyn.
To get to Brooklyn we went down to the Manhattan side of the Brooklyn Bridge & crossed the bridge. It was super crowded but so fun. I love this bridge.
The American Flag on top gives me patriotic goosebumps!

Once in BK, we got ice cream from the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory under the bridge.

Yup, line out the door! So worth it.

Sunday I slept in...it was wonderful. I love sleeping & generally just chilling in bed. T calls me a Sloth.
We finally got down to Le Monde for brunch around 2. It was lovely eating late. We got a prime seat outside. We people watched, drank mimosas and I had a meal that was more like dessert.
Behold - chocolate french toast.
Basically, chocolate cake. I die. I balanced out the sugar with a side of bacon.

All the Columbia & Barnard kids were back. Made me nostalgic for my MoCo days!
We walked afterwards. Alllll the way down to Columbus Circle. Over 50 blocks. Exhausting but tons of fun. And very necessary after all that sugar at brunch.

Monday we finally went to the Bronx Ale House in our 'hood.

A sweet friend came up to the Bronx to join us. Thank you D! The menu includes these fried beauties...
PICKLES. Nom Nom Nom. Spicy dijon sauce on the side. Everything is better fried.

Such a lovely weekend.

While this may have been the last weekend of summer fun, I'm so excited for the Fall weekends ahead. MSU football watch parties, walks in the Park to see the leaves changing color, a fancy shmancy dinner out for our Anniversary, wedding gift purchases for dear friends tying the knot, wearing hoodies, jeans & my chucks again, drinking apple cider, new adventures at work... so pumped!

Hope you had a great weekend.

xo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment