Page Navigation

Friday, September 3, 2010

Pretty Flower


I have always loved flowers. My dad gardens. My grandpa went fishing with the owner of our local florist so we always had an 'in' there. I love just about every kind. The NY Botanical Gardens? One of my favorite places in the city. The Conservatory is, I think, one of the most romantic places ever! What can I say I love it there.

having a little party with some Chihuly


How about a little video from shmootube?

"He can call me Flower if he wants to, I don't mind"
One of the cutest moments in animated movie history? Yes I think so.

Delis here in the city always have these buckets of flowers out front. There is nothing like a fresh arrangement to spruce up a room!

Last week I ordered a Wild Flowers Bouquet from Peapod. Had no idea what flowers would be in the bouquet. I was pleasantly surprised when this was delivered along with my weekly staples of chocolate milk, frosted mini-wheats and such. Roses, sunflowers, and lilies oh my!

Sadly, after a day or so I had to part with the lilies. Just could not stand all the sneezes they caused. Luckily, I ran into a neighbor on my way to our trash alley & gave them to her. She is always so sweet and accepts mail & ups deliveries when we aren't home I was so happy to do something nice for her. Next time I'll think of her first before I throw unwanted flowers away.

What's your favorite flower?


xo,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. I love all flowers! I adore Calla Lilies, Hydrangeas, and Peonies. All of those will be in my wedding bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty flowers!! I'm usually a rose girl but I've recently come to love hydrangeas. At one point this summer I think I had three vases full in my room alone. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jamie, I just love hydrangeas. We had bushes in our backyard growing up. They are so pretty & fun too.

    ReplyDelete