Page Navigation

Monday, April 27, 2009

Why I Love Monday (at least this one!)

Mondays and Fridays work ends at 2:20. Today I had my flip flops on and my bag ready with me when I dropped the kids off in the cafeteria. I love Mondays because I can zip out and get to the gym before it's too crowded OR like today get some errands done. 

If you could see inside my bags today you'd see a fabulous lady bug themed baby gift for my co-worker's shower on Saturday and 2 bags of white wine from Trader Joe's. HAHA I won't reveal the gift, incase my coworker reads my blog, but they will love it (I know this bc it's on the registry) and I'm happy it will be with their little bundle of joy for some time. They know they are having a girl and this line of bedding and accessories is so so cute! Lots of pink but not too over the top frou-frou. Lady-bugs are the symbol for a different sorority on my college campus  and it was very odd to be buying them after sticking to 5-Pointed crowns, strawberries & turtles for the past almost 9 years. 

The stop at Trade Joe's was super quick. I love their wine shop. There's a good selection of both international and domestic wines as well as some yummy looking bubbly (hard to resist a bottle of Veuve or Mumm!!) I picked up a Reisling  for my sorority alumnae group's 'recession wine tasting' event tomorrow and a Chardonnay for enjoying at home. I love Reisling so it will be hard to part with it tomorrow but at only $8.99 I'm sure there will be another purchase of it soon. I know nothing about this Chateau Ste. Michelle brand but their website is really great - very user friendly with lots of info about their wines. This bottle is from their Columbia Valley line grown in Washington State. Our goal for the event is to bring a bottle under $10 - so glad I kept to the challenge. 

So that's how my shopping bags today had things for babies & for boozing! :) Happy Monday


No comments:

Post a Comment