Page Navigation

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Coffee, Tea and The Preppy Green Whale

pretty pink & green packaging



It's no surprise how much I love coffee and tea - especially while on the go. There's a Starbucks on every other corner here in NYC it seems. As I've been running around this week I've had many many of my beloved Caramel Macchs or Iced Passion Teas. I always have to use one of those cardboard covers when it's a hot drink - my hands are SO sensitive to heat. The sleeve reads "This insulating sleeve is made from 60% post-consumer recycled fiber and uses approximately 45% less material than a second paper cup" The other day I STILL got a 2nd cup to insulate my hot bev and keep my hands safe. What to do about this extra waste? Even if the sleeve is made of recycled fibers are there any other options? 

YES! Enter The Preppy Green Whale, etsy shop. I fell in love with these pretty & preppy coffee cozies the minute I saw them. I finally ordered 2 (one in a blue print and one in a pink print with a pretty flower) last week and they came today. I will be carrying 1 in my everyday bag. Saving the planet & looking cute - fabulous! 

4 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! And when did you buy your own domain name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Last week - godaddy.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just came across this post and wanted to thank you for posting about the cozies!

    -Katie (from the preppy green whale!)

    room22design.blogspot.com
    kd22.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete