Page Navigation

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What's for Dinner? Roasted Chicken with Veggies




It must be some kind of Murphy's Law - I cooked dinner and husband is working late. Oh well. 

From my favorite, Great Food Fast, I bring you Roasted Chicken Breasts with Carrots and Onions. 
~Chicken Breasts       ~Carrots (I used baby)    ~Garlic (I used only 3 cloves)       ~Onion, wedged
~Salt & Pepper           ~Pitted Prunes, quartered       ~Couscous, for serving

Preheat oven to 450. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheets - or pan as in my case :). Arrange carrots, onions and garlic around the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes. 
Add prunes and continue roasting until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender, about 15-20 minutes more. I always cook a little longer since I am using a toaster oven. 

Serve over couscous, if desired. 

Great flavors & a simple recipe. I love my baking pan :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment