Page Navigation

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Cleaning - part 1


So I have begun the task of Spring Cleaning. Please don't judge me by the photo - it's a work in progress :) 

I should preface this post with a few observations about the state of closet space in NYC: most people have little to none. I was blessed in this apt with 3 great closets, each with 2 shelves above the rack. The one by the bedroom is very deep, I can fit shoes and luggage on the floor. So when I first moved in I just had 2 clothing closets and used the other one for coats & my teacher stuff. When the Husband came along I lost the 2nd clothing closet but kept the better one for myself :) Sssh don't tell him! I also have a small 4drawer dresser. 

Ok so this is my solution to storage and switching clothes as easily as possible from season to season. ClosetMaid cubical fabric drawers from, surprise surprise, Target. I've had at least 2 for a while now and luckily tonight I found an extra package in my closet.  I have one already for linens, one for bathing suits & cover ups and now one for sweaters. I was putting a pile of dry cleaning away when it dawned on me that a fabric drawer would be a great solution for sweater storage! Products can also be purchased online here.


Fabric Drawer filled with sweaters & ready to go up in my closet

While putting the sweaters away I found a pretty light grey-blue sweater with a small hole in the arm. Immediately I remembered I keep ALL those extra buttons and threads that come with a new purchase and BINGO - I have a nice little bit of yarn to bring to the tailors tomorrow. Hopefully they can work some magic. This all made me laugh since my mom and grandma would rather I be able to sew for myself but I too busy playing with the tin of buttons to focus during any lessons they tried to give me. I just loooved the button tin!
my button & thread collection from mostly BananaRepublic & JCrew

1 comment:

  1. Fabric drawers are one of the best inventions ever!

    ReplyDelete