Page Navigation

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dinner in the Park

Long over due post...from a fabulous dinner in the park!

Is there anything better than dining al fresco? I love it. I love that first weekend of Spring when the sidewalk tables suddenly appear. I love when you no longer need the cozy red fleece blankets that Serafina on B-way keeps on their chairs, just in case. I love when Spring finally hits and you can sleep with the windows open, snuggled up like a taco in blankets.

THIS post, however, is NOT about cool awesome Spring weather.

It's about hot, sticky, humid weather and what that does to my top floor apt.

The word sauna comes to mind. This apt becomes a sauna.

A few weeks ago, during our first taste of summer, we had enough. We went outside and up the block to the park, where it was at least 10 degrees cooler. Nothing like laying out on a blanket and watching the sunset, listening to the jingle of the ice cream man, seeing all the families enjoying the playground...

Here's our rather eclectic dinner of small bites...
brown rice california roll, humus and crispy bread, olives & a fruit salad for dessert
I love olives. Love them. Green or brown I do not care. The market here has them in giant buckets for you to scoop out. At least 6 different kinds. Without fail there is always a little old lady standing at the olive buckets helping herself to a quick taste. These beauties are kalamata olives. So salty, so good. Watch the pits!
And a great fruit salad for dessert. Kiwi, blueberry, strawberry & mango. Delicious.

Stay cool friends...



xo,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Olives. They are Heaven sent. I too can eat them in any color, shape, or form. So delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh this looks so lovely I'm so jealous I've been cooped up for days now! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie - I agree. I could eat them all day! So good.

    4Train - Hope you get out soon girly. xo

    ReplyDelete