Page Navigation

Monday, May 24, 2010

Grocery Surprises

I was tweeting with some new friends today about the grocery store. Despite the fact that I get delivery now I really do love going to the market.
But not in my neighborhood.
Everyone is pushy, loud and usually on their bluetooth.
Space is a novel thing in the city so even though I have a 'normal' looking grocery store with a parking lot and all, it's crowded. Always.
There's self-serve check out - which I usually love. But I'm always behind slow people. I can't deal. So I delivery.

Last week the poor guys from Peapod carried up 3 bags worth of beverages. My bad. I usually try to space the heavy stuff out. And why am I even buying bottled water?!? Oh well.

I know I know...everything comes in plastic bags! I hate it too. I'd much rather a reusable bag.
As with any delivery there's the chance for errors. Sometimes you get the wrong stuff or items are missing. Usually it's stuff I don't want (I'm looking at you frozen bag of gnocchi in the freezer). But this week....ummm we hit the jackpot! Strawberry ice cream & pizza!

Can you think of a sweeter mistake? I can't.

Hope to be back again soon this week with another post...


xo,
Michelle

1 comment: