Page Navigation

Thursday, May 13, 2010

On Chinese and Diners


I'm still here promise! This special carton has been my life the past few weeks. T working late = Chinese food. It's hard to plan and cook a meal and then have only myself to eat it with.
T - I know you read this - I've been missing you & can't wait to have you back. For real.

And when it's not been Chinese, it's been pizza or chips & guac...you know great, girly comfort food. Nothing good for me but whatever.

This week T has been home at a decent hour but I'm not holding my breath.
Tonight I thought I'd cook but nothing in the fridge was edible. Note to self - clean out the fridge asap.

Plan B - THE DINER!

(not my pic, duh)

I love the diner. Grew up with 2, maybe 3 in my town. The Diner has everything - mozzarella sticks, burgers, breakfast 24/7 and amazing desserts.

I'm not a huge fan of our local Diner...but it will do. Maybe because there's no amazing funny memories in it like the ones from my teens & child years. Tonite there were college kids having dinner at a big booth and I got very nostalgic for days gone by. Heading to Paradise Diner in Hometown for sundaes after a concert at the local HS. Or drunky in college going for fries and cherry pie. Ohhhh memories!
But it's a good diner. The staff is friendly, the grub is good.

The minute my food came I was mad I hadn't ordered something else tho. Does that happen to you? My burger was great but I immediately really really wanted pancakes. So a giant piece of cheesecake was consumed to...well deal with my indecision. Because nothing makes you feel better about decisions, good or bad, than cheesecake.

Next week I hope to get back to real blogging. Possibly a post about my birthday last week...we shall see.

Stay full & happy friends!

xo,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just stumbled onto this blog through another. You make me really nostalgic to be back in America, I spent a year there after high school and before college (I live in Ireland), with your diner stories. I remember getting some hugeass pancakes,like nothing I've ever tasted before and have never since!

    Great post, hope you and your husband get back to your meals soon :)

    -S

    ReplyDelete