Page Navigation

Monday, May 3, 2010

Saturday Brunch

It's no secret. love Brunch.

Saturday, after a trip out to Brooklyn for the Cherry Blossoms that were all gone (sad panda) but luckily there were some beautiful Peonies, we headed back to Manhattan and stopped off at an old favorite for brunch: Little Frankie's.
Little Frankie's is responsible for the cute chalkboard pic on the upper right corner of this blog. I really do love this place that much.
Husband use to live in this neighborhood and on weekends I'd hike down via 3 different subways and over 200 blocks!!, and we'd brunch here. There are some amazing spots for brunch but this is clearly a favorite of mine.
I could have sat there alllll day with my 2 friends - English Breakfast Tea & a Bellini.

We got there super early so we were seated in the back room, which also includes a little outdoor space, as close to a garden as some in NYC will ever get. A bunch of girls were seated there, chowing down post-workout so we let them have their space. My seat was by the french doors that separate the room so I had a little lovely breeze. Above our table, the giant skylight and some really great plants & hanging lanterns.
Lanterns are my most favorite was to light a space or to just decorate a space. Used them at our wedding instead of floral arrangements.
There are tons of old photographs on the walls as well as mirrors, a great way to open up a small space.
The food here is so so so good. I've had dinners before, everything from the pasta to the pizzas. Ingredients are fresh, wine is stellar and the staff is helpful, sweet and, at this brunch, left us alone to linger and enjoy.
What did I get?
Baked Eggs, italian style.
I know I know I know, it looks like a mess.
A delicious mess.
It's just 2 eggs, well done, sauce and cheese. And a thick crusty slice of bread.
So simple, but so good. That is what makes good food great: simple, fresh ingredients. Because sometimes, simple is better than fancy.
Loved it back then in the dating says, loved it Saturday. Will dream about it until our next trip downtown.

My 3 photos don't do the place justice so check out more here.
And check out Lil'Frankie's when you're in town, or one of their sister restaurants. We LIVED on delivery from Frank during the winter of the broken ankle.

What do you love to have for brunch?






xo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment