Page Navigation

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lucky Lucky

April 2008, Rittenhouse Sq, Philadelphia

I am sad to see Winter go, but I know it will lead to the sweet things of Spring like these Daffodils and in a few more weeks, Cherry Blossoms.

As a kid, every holiday was done big in our family. Grandma hung these crazy cardboard cut-outs in the windows of our house. Made Irish Soda Bread, had Corned Beef Hash for dinner. She loved to cook & make holidays special. We are not Irish but she loved St Patrick's Day.

With that said, now as a somewhat grown up adult...

I don't DO St Patrick's Day. To me, it's another 'amateur night' like New Year's Eve. If I could sit at a barstool and enjoy a pint in peace I'd be more in the spirit of things (and boy oh boy does NYC get in the spirit!) but it's become a very crowded Americanized drunk fest. Not my cup of tea.

Though, I have to admit, thanks to a crowded Americanized drunken St Patrick's Day night 5 years ago at Metro 53 (ha!) I randomly met, for the 2nd time (it's all about timing ladies!) the man who would become my husband. Who would have known a 2nd chance encounter at a bridge & tunnel bar would lead to so much happiness and joy.

So whatever you're doing today - wearing green or not - be responsible and look out for love. And signs of Spring.

xo,
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment