Page Navigation

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What's For Dinner? Herb Crusted Salmon

Is this not the most delicious looking piece of salmon? YUM Thanks Peapod!

So here's what I did with tonight's delivery. First, I usually cook salmon once a week and was in the mood tonight for something other than just olive oil, lemon juice and some rosemary. I quick google search of "Herb crusted salmon" found me on BigOven.com with this great recipe using some fresh chopped herbs. But all I have fresh is rosemary? Hmmm

Enter a conatiner of dried herb mix from Marshall's of all places. That'll do. I AM Martha meets McGuiver after all :) So in the words of Tim Gunn I made it work. Put about a quarter cup of flour into a bowl and crushed the dried herbs in my fingers as I scooped them out. Mixed it all together. Few squirts of lemon juice on the fish, then dredged it in the herb mix and onto the grill pan. Perfection.
Awesome grill marks WAY TO GO ME! yes, I flip to the skin side for a little bit while it cooks
Served with some brown rice (some of the rice served Bronx style, a little brown & crunchy) and mixed greens. YUM

What is your favorite recipe that you don't follow exactly? Cook with a sense of adventure and your outcome will never be boring! While I love to use a recipe as inspiration you've probably noticed I don't always follow a recipe....and survive the meal to blog about it :)



xo,
Michelle


2 comments:

  1. Hi michelle,
    I could eat salmon for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
    Thanks for demonstrating a new way to prepare it. Also thanks for following my blog, I sure appreciate it. Have a great Thursday!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words Lisa. Hope you stop by again!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete