Page Navigation

Monday, September 14, 2009

Back to School!




Back to school time again! I'm back to work with a class of 13 fabulous 1st graders. This year we actually have lunch at a decent time, just after 11:30. So I can have a nice breakfast at home, a mid-morning snack and a healthy lunch! YAY!

This year, my goal is NOT to order lunch from the neighborhood stores. While I loved seeing my deli guy at Bravo across the street from school everyday, I think I can do some healthier things for myself...not to mention more economical things for my wallet buy bringing lunch.

Now, if you saw my tweet this morning you know I had PB&J today. Way to go, some cooking I did! Monday I think will be a difficult day for me to plan lunch and I see some more sandwiches in my future.

Last week though, I had a great start to the new school year. I made a big pot of penne pasta and divided it up into my Tupperware vent & serve containers. The containers have feet so when you microwave them the heat can circulate all around. There is also a vent to pop open to help the cooking process as well. I love them they were a great investment!

On my grill pan I cooked some chicken and at the end threw on some spinach to warm up and some sliced grape/cherry tomatoes. When they were done, I sliced the chicken and added everything to the pasta. I added some of my quick and easy homemade dressing for some added taste. I mix some Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, salt, pepper, and spicy mustard together to make my dressing - so simple I love it.

What do you have for lunch?



xo,
Michelle


3 comments:

  1. I plead the fifth...

    I always blame my not eating well on not having time in the beginning of the school year but now I apparently have no excuse. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's taken me 6 years of buying lunch to figure out how to make the time so I don't know how great I am doing! hahah

    ReplyDelete