Page Navigation

Monday, September 7, 2009

So Long Sweet Summer


So much to write, to remember all that happened this summer. Expect some posts about pizza bagels & homemade bread, because this summer it was all about the carbs apparently. Here's a quick summer run-down....
  • My sisters left home for college, my parents went to work & I baked a cake!
  • Publix - where shopping really is a pleasure & I start to remember how great a 'real' grocery store is (bc let's face it, NYC stores don't count!)
  • The great coffee creamer debate, dad vs girls!
  • Happy Hour at Sonic for Cherry Limeades
  • The H.E.B. near Baylor that had Minute Maid Cherry Limeade, ON SALE!
  • Eating on the road during our FSU & Baylor roadtrips
  • My 1st EVER Dr. Pepper Float in Waco, Tx
  • Bahama Buck's - most amazing shaved ice!
  • Revisiting mom's Gilmore Snacks - munchies set aside for watching (duh) Gilmore Girls (we had a marathon...)
  • Birthday celebrations for little sisters who are not so little anymore...
  • Stopping at Mon Delice for bakery treats before a beach day
  • Attending Taste of the Nation Orlando - a great food event to benefit Share our Strength
  • Stopping at the GIANT McDonald's on International Drive (tourist heaven!) for a large diet coke on our way home from Taste of the Nation haha
  • Last Sunday home = breakfast after church with mommy & daddy, I felt like I was 5 again
  • Mama's cooking - she's grrrreat!

Tomorrow is the official back to school day for teachers here in the city. I've been in an out of the school all last week. Wednesday the kiddos start. So all my corporate friends can stop hating, I'll be back to the 'office'. :) I have grand goals of bringing my own lunch this year. For REALS! Salads, sandwiches & dinner left overs. Now that I invested in some sweet Tupperware for leftovers there is no excuse. Salads with yum grilled chicken & my homemade dressing - that'd be so good. Lets see how long I make it!

While it is back to school, I refuse to call it Fall until its official start on Sept 22. Until then, I will still be rocking the flip flops while I order my Starbucks iced...and don't even THINK of asking if it's a Pumpkin Spice!

xo,
Michelle


4 comments:

  1. Minute Made Cherry Limeade is still on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are your sisters going through Recruitment? I'd love to know where they end up.

    I got to experience HEB for myself this past weekend! Almost as nice as Publix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One joined a local her Fresh. year but dropped when she took classes back at home one semester during Soph year. The sister who is a Fresh. did not go thru recruitment. We were all on campus to move her in during recruitment week & it made me 'homesick' for my campus and house.

    I hate our grocery store here in the city SO much which is why I started using peapod.com for delivery! I miss Publix & even HEB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay gilmore girls! My husband laughed at me when I wanted to name our daughter Lorelai. When he was done laughing I said, "what about Rory??" Neither one got the nod. Oh well. LOL.

    Great post!! I miss Gristedes & Dean & Deluca now that I'm in Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete