Page Navigation

Monday, March 31, 2008

Super Cool Party People

Typical Saturday night in this great urban city. Trying to get into super cool sounding lounge downtown for a friend's birthday. "Did they make a reservation? Are they inside? Maybe you could text and see where they are..." Clearly, unless we want to purchase an overpriced bottle of liquor, we're standing out in the cold for a while....ok 5minutes tops but it was cold! It felt like we were outside FOREVER! 

Enter 2 more friends & their SOs. Surely a group of 3 girls and their boys can get in? Nadda. Even when the less sober of us ladies tried to sweet talk the girl with The List. Sigh.

Side note: this is one of my biggest pet peeves now that I am married why do bars.clubs.lounges have to hate on the guys so much? group of girls gets in ASAP, but throw a boy in and BAM!  DENIED! Give the boys some love!!

With Guest of Honor still in transit, where to go? 

Ahhhh Giorgione of Spring Street. Restaurants usually are not that happy when a large party comes in and just wants to have drinks but I think the late hour of our arrival helped & we were all promptly seated & got a waitress too. Yippies. 

I added my review already on Yelp, tho sadly I didn't get to try any of the really delicious food nor did I have a camera to take a few pics of the really fun dining area or chalkboard menus of coffees, cheeses & desserts. Or the awesome wine storage on the exposed brick walls. We had wine, the other girls had very dirty martinis & the boys had some mixed drinks. It was great to be all together at a table! I really cannot wait to go and try some of the food. 

Super cool party people indeed...

Remind me to get better @ talking with the door people....

No comments:

Post a Comment