Page Navigation

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Macy's

I have now been in Macy's twice this week - yesterday and today - thanks to jury duty only being a half day thing, yet getting credit for the whole day. Love that.  And both times I've had Starbucks (there are 4 inside Macy's btw) . In honor of my favorite drink, tall iced caramel macchiato, btw, here's a Starbuck Blog for you to enjoy. 

Besides my fun afternoons of browsing, I of course had to make a stop in The Cellar to check out the kitchen & dining products. And who's there? Martha. No, not in person, the celeb. sightings were yesterday (for those curious I saw commissioner of the NBA at the building where the offices are, and more importantly it's the fact that I knew who I saw since I never spot celebs) But seriously Martha. Her stuff is EVERYWHERE. It's almost nauseating being bombarded with her happy pastel colors everywhere. Her line of kitchen gadgets & tools has just about replaced my beloved Calphalon, KitchenAid and Good Grips. Sad. I know she's Martha but what are we afraid of a little competition people? What happened to America land of many choices?!?! I'm only half on the soapbox here, as I really do love her. Mostly I'm just sad for the pretty pink Calphalon baking tools I saw in a pile on top of the pink silicon baking pans. They deserve to be hung on a rack just like Martha's stuff! Fair and equal treatment people! 

Note - I really do love her. I use to wish we didn't leave so early for church on Sunday mornings so I could watch more of her show. I'm not hating, just...venting.

Did I buy anything down in The Cellar? But of course. Anolon's 5 piece mini-bakeware set. I am hoping, fingers and toes crossed, that these will work in the convection toaster oven I have used for so long. I reeeeaaaaly want to bake something other than cookies.  It's a mini-bread pan, mini fluted mold (for mini jellos too??),  mini tart pan, heart shape cake pan, and a 6 piece muffin pan. Love it. We had some small pans when I was growing up and I LOVED using whatever was left over to make my own creation. Can't wait to use these! 

Happy Shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment