Page Navigation

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

rice is nice

I made a delicious rice side dish last night. My co-worker had it as part of her lunch and it smelled so delicious, I just had to try and copy it at home for myself :) 

I used 1 bunch of celery (about 6 stalks) chopped finely
1 green pepper, chopped finely
half a carton of mushrooms (although this was a lot!) chopped finely
and almost a whole onion chopped finely as well. 

I warmed some Olive Oil in a pan and added the onions. The smell is heavenly. Then the peppers, celery and mushrooms, and some dashes of salt & pepper. Warmed it all over the stove. Possibly for too long - it was somewhat mushy. 

I mixed it all in with about 2 cups of brown rice. DELICIOUS! Mushiness wasn't all that bad.

I also made my salad dressing marinated chicken using quite possibly the world's stinkest dressing. Ken's Northern Italian. Ewww. I could barely stand the smell of the Romano cheese. After I went through all this I found a regular bottle of Italian hiding on the door of the fridge. DOH! I hate when that happens. 

Pics are over on Flickr, starting here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment