Page Navigation

Monday, April 21, 2008

Kitchenette!

I admit it. I get in Food Ruts.

Pink Vitamin Water. Cheddar cheese on Triscuits. Salad dressing marinades. Rice as the main & only course. And cereals - oh. my. this is SO easy for me.  I blame my father really, same shredded wheat every morning for as long as I can remember. Tho rumor has it he eats oatmeal now too. Figures, the man leaves the cold north east for Florida and starts eating oatmeal...oy. Freak. love ya daddy!

Anyway, I think we as Urban dwellers easily get into food ruts. More specifically, Restaurant Ruts. We have our favorites for everything possible in the food and drink department. And for somethings that's great. The work gals & I have our 2 places we usually go to for HH on Friday afternoon. Husband and I have our favorite sushi place. And don't get me started on Pizzzzza. It's as much a religion to some of us as the Yankees. :) 

Brunch is one of those meals that just makes it easy to get into a RR. You have your nearby place with strong coffee & mimosas, good greasy eggs and toast just tan enough. I won't mention my brunch RR place, but let's just say it was time for a change. 

Enter Kitchenette! Cute is not the word to describe this place. Every inch of the design was so carefully thought out (perhaps tho not the U shaped dining area, kinda weird but very Urban I think, where space is so so so valuable). So much cute fun stuff. A lot of pink & poka dot details. We were seated after only about 15min waiting and after we ordered we were shocked at how quickly our food came. I had delicious huevos rancheros and a yummy mimosa. Can't wait to go back - the menu has SO much on it! No RR here :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment