Page Navigation

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On French Fries & Board Games

It's like Christmas has come early!

I love Monopoly. One of my favorite board games. I love that it's based on Atlantic City. I love being the banker. I love collecting the Rail Roads. I love building houses and trading them in for hotels. Bring. It. On.

I love McDonald's. Nuggets (fun to eat, fun to say!). Fries. The REAL playground, none of this ball-pit shenanigans kids have today.

Do you remember this? I hated it. Climbing up INSIDE the hamburger scared the living daylights out of me. As did most things when I was the target age for eating happy meals.

Thus, Monopoly at McDonald's is the combo of 2 of my favorite things.
I love collecting the game pieces. I love that you can win an instant prize (toady I won an angus beef snack wrap). I love it all!

My mom - growing up she made Monopoly at McDonald's so fun. We went every Friday for dinner. We'd lay our game pieces out and see if we won anything cool. We never did but it was fun to imagine what it'd be like if we did.


Fountain Diet Coke. It just tastes better than regular bottled coke. And at the risk of getting Super Sized, that may be all I buy to get game pieces from now on.

Will you be playing Monopoly at McDonald's? Any other board games you like?


xo,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. i'm defo playing! Any excuse to go to McDonald's ;)

    i love Ticket to Ride. I get so competitive and obsessed haha

    I've heard apples to apples is really fun but i havent played yet :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Ticket to Ride?

    My sisters have Apples to Apples, but I've never played. I hear it's good for groups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it
    http://www.daysofwonder.com/tickettoride/en/

    ReplyDelete