Page Navigation

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

On Celebrations

Have been a busy blogger lately...no time for blogging! Apparently, teaching Kindergarten makes you tired?!?! Who knew! Also we've had a celebration or two...

Earlier this month it was T's birthday. So I went out and got an ice cream cake, from the New York favorite, Carvel Not 3 steps out of the store I remember that blue & yellow are the colors of a major college football rival. I went to a college where football wasn't a big deal so I have never really been good at avoiding certain colors in the Fall!
Sooooo happy the pack of candles I picked up had HIS colors - green & white!! Crisis averted.

side note, green & white played blue & yellow a few days later and WON.

After tons of cake, it was time for presents!
Wins, all around.

That same weekend we went out for our 3rd wedding anniversary to 11 Madison Park.
I got the reservation at the end of the summer and was so excited when Saturday finally rolled around! Dinner did not disappoint.
First of all the space is so beautiful. This is a shot from the bar but you can see the windows off in the distance. We sat by one and had a great view of the street & the park.

There's no menu. You get a card with a list of ingredients (crab, beef, chocolate, etc ) and can choose a 4 or 5 course dinner. You chat with the waitstaff (who are all super attentive) about your likes and dislikes and the chefs go from there. I took some food risks and chose 2 ingredients I had never had before. And now I can cross Foie Gras and Venison off my bucket list. I'd have them again, very good.

From our seats at the bar I saw the coolest wine list ever.
It's like a big scrabble board! Whites on the left, spelled out with wooden tiles, reds on the right. Never seen this before and I love it.

Not pictured...the cart that came when we ordered a glass of champagne. Yes - cart. So fun! Every restaurant...heck every home... should have a cart of champagne.

October babies & anniversaries...cheers to you!



xo,
Michelle

1 comment: