Page Navigation

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Know Your Girls

What girls?

I'm referring to breasts of course. Save the Ta-Tas. I heart Boobies. Know your Girls. There are so many funny sayings but the topic is very serious.

October is, as you probably know, Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I hate that it's a month. Cancer f-ing sucks (pardon my language). We should celebrate survivors and in honor of those who were taken from us, do all we can to find a cure all year long.

My grandma lost friends to breast cancer. There were no pink ribbons in canisters at the beauty counters then, you just didn't talk about it. As I grew up, my mom lost friends. We learned what it was and that it targets anyone and everyone. Now? It is only a matter of time until I have a friend who is diagnosed. Scary and sad but true. The good news? YOU have the power to detect it early ladies! Self exams are key.

pink is pretty, cancer my friends is not

Ok no more heavy. My mom had her "Save the Ta-Ta's" car magnet stolen off her mini-van. Maybe that's kinda sad but I find it funny. I mean who does that? I hope the Ta-Ta's are enjoying their new life on someone else's car! Mom, so sorry you had your Ta-Tas stolen! hahahahaha

As a college girl I was drawn to the sorority I ended up joining due to their philanthropy, Breast Cancer Awareness. Have you been watching the NFL this month? Of course you have! Tons of Zeta Tau Alpha ladies are out and about at the games handing out pink ribbons. Rock on sisters!

How does this all pertain to a blog about food? Simple. Save lids, save lives.

I love Yogurt. I'll eat whatever brand and try almost all flavors. Not Blueberry Vanilla and Strawberry are my favorite. This month I buy Yoplait and save my lids. Then I send them in Yoplait. For every lid they receive until December 31st 2010 they donate 10 cents to the Susan G. Komen foundation.

Don't like Komen? That's fine, not everyone does. Stick to your beliefs, own what you own. I love you and respect you for your opinions. There are lots more places you can send your money! Including....
and

Also...please check out Why I Wore Lipstick for the story of a younger, awesome survivor who also happens to be my sorority sister. Read her book - you'll laugh and you'll cry. But most importantly? I hope you'll see just how important it is to know your girls.


xo,
Michelle

1 comment: