Page Navigation

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thinning out Emails

Take THAT inbox

Somewhere over the last few years since I started using gmail I have signed up for quite a few newsletters. Daily deals ($), motivational quotes (love these!), sample sale updates ($$), travel specials (still $$$) etc etc. One problem? They clog up my inbox & BlackBerry like whoa. I usually spend a good part of the commute to work deleting via the BB when I could be reading or just getting in the 'zone' for the day ahead.

In a new effort to unclutter my mind, inbox and apt I spent some time over the summer unsubscribing from all the useless junk. All the shopping and travel stuff? GONE. The motivational quotes? Filed into a folder (gosh I love gmail!) for future viewing when I need a pick me up. Tons of work emails from the previous school years? Archived, out of site, out of mind. I'm down to less than 10 non human emails a day and it. is. amazing.

Now if only de-cluttering the apt could be so easy.


xo,
Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Love that! I am obsessed with unsubscribing from newsletters. Now if I could only get my unwanted magazines/catalogs to get out of my real mailbox I would be in great shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? Feels so good. And if I can't figure out how to unsubscribe it gets marked as spam. Buh-bye!
    Mags are my obsession, maybe that'll be my to-do for next summer.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Gmail and all the folders for organizing, such a time saver!

    ReplyDelete