Page Navigation

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wine Wednesday

Please excuse the crooked photo - I'm trying to distract you from my messy kitchen table

This isn't wine. But it says Wine Wednesday. Trust. Read on...

I love when grown-ups go back to school. For whatever, a GED, BA, MS, JD, certificate to perm hair, license to drive a tractor - it's all kinds of awesomeness. I remember from Family & Consumer Sciences (read Home Ec) that we'll change our careers 3-5 times, on average. Woa...
It is rough going back to school- whether you do it full time or part time (as yours truly did) to go back & crack open the books. But so so worth it in the end!

Know what I also love? Sparkles. Yes the kind on my finger, but also the kind in my drink. I'm talking about you Champagne & Prosecco.

Luckily, when a little thing for us adults called GRADUATION rolls around - the Champers usually follows (i also love british words...just.so.you.know)

A few weeks ago we went to a grad party in Jersey. Not wanting to go empty handed, we brought some of the above pictured Prosecco. Prosecco, if you've never had it, is an Italian sparkling wine. It's very light & fresh and meant to be enjoyed RIGHT away. No saving old bottles like you do with Veuve Clicquot.

Not only did T buy a bottle for us to bring to the party...he brought 3!!!!! more!!!!! bottles!!!!
"I thought we could have some of our own"

3 bottles? Seriously? High fives & kisses to my husband for that.

I tried to open bottle #2 the other night when I was home alone (yup I drink alone & am proud of it!) and realized I have NO idea how to pop open a cork. Perhaps I should go back to school for that. Cheers friends!

xo,
Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I just discovered this Tutela brand tonight when the liquor store was outa my regs and I really like. Prosecco is totes my "summer drink"

    ReplyDelete