Page Navigation

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Drug Store Woes

What is it about the Drug Store? I go in for 1 thing - a greeting card, a new tooth brush, or a pack of gum and come out having spent $50? Never fails. Target is even worse. $100 gone as soon as the thought of going enters my mind.

Have you noticed all the products that are locked up behind glass with bells and whistles that go off if you even touch them? One of my biggest pet peeves. All the candy & gum is behind the counter at our local delis & bodegas. That I get tho - kids can have super sticky fingers when it comes to gum. And given my love of chocolate maybe it's best too :) Kidding...

Let me bring you down my local Aisle 2. That's where some of my favorite things are. Travel sized health & beauty items & hair accessories. Also down this aisle - the locked up razors. AND? Deodorant.
Why deodorant is locked up I have no idea. If you can educate me, please do so.
I hate this because you have to find an employee, with KEYS, to open up the case so you can buy what you want. And I hate being treated like I'm going to steal...

True Story - growing up there were 2 malls close to us on the Island. We always went to the one closest to home. The one time we went to the other mall, mom got freaked out because there were security guards EVERYWHERE. "I don't want to be watched while I shop. We are never coming here again". I have no other memory of any other trips to that mall.



So thank you to Peapod for being my savior and delivering my razors up 5 flights of stairs to my apt. No bells and whistles going off except for the door bell.


xo,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment