Page Navigation

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Lucky Daddy has his birthday right around Father's Day. As a kid I thought that was so cool! Double presents! hehe Friday was the big 60! Yaaay Daddy!

Here are some pics of Daddy & I. He's a man of a few words so this post isn't very wordy, as a tribute.


At a little pond in our hometown, on a Fall Saturday feeding the most insane ducks in America.
I loved to go feed the ducks but they were ruthless. Like chase you into the car when you ran out of bread ruthless. Look at Daddy with his arm around baby girl.
The parking lot here fit 4 - 6 cars so three cheers to Daddy for getting a spot!
That yellow coat I had was the bomb.

Fast forward to another Fall over 20 years later. Daddy surrounded by wedding madness. My mom & 2 sisters, the other girls in my bridal party, hair & make-up chicas...what is a man to do? Stare out the window. All morning. Probably trying to figure out how in the world I grew up so fast. It's ok Dad, I don't know where the time has gone either.

Dad doesn't really like a big show. He's a quiet type. But he's fun. I mean he's been the Daddy to 3 daughters, how could he NOT be fun. He's sat thru tea parties, Barbies, countless cries of "I have nothing to wear" and has managed to come out alive.
So I sent him fun. A huge Edible Arrangements, complete with pineapple sliced in the shape of 60 and a bunch of balloons.
I know...the folding chairs in the background, a little white trashy no? I can't really explain. You'd have to know my Grandma.
And that is an entirely different post. :)

So dad - on your 60th birthday and 30th Father's Day let me be simple and to the point - I love you. Thank you for everything. It's great being your little girl.



xo,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ducks at the lake here in town are crazy too! I used to take a little boy I babysat to feed them, but they ended up chasing us and attacking us! I'd scoop him up, throw the whole thing of bread down and run to the car! So scary! I'm sure for others watching it was hilarious though!!

    ReplyDelete