Page Navigation

Monday, August 10, 2009

I Blame the Ikea Catalogue or how I've started nesting

my kitchen...Jan '08..oy vey


Yes nesting. And I blame Ikea. And- before we go any further I know what you're thinking. Nesting = preggos. Nope not it! Just your average "girly" nesting. I suppose it has something to do with living in a small apt and spending the last 3 weeks in a nice house in the 'burbs. Seeing how I have 3 more weeks here I don't think these urges to nest are going anywhere soon.

BUT thankfully since I am away from home I'm not doing any monetary damage. I am however doing lots of internet browsing and catalogue flipping.

It all started with the new Ikea catalogue. Ohhh the pretty pages. I love how they include layouts for different rooms. I suppose it's not very imaginative to just say "I want the Ikea kitchen" but it does simplify things. No fuss no muss decorating? I'm in. Anything would be an improvement for us at this point.

Then there was an awesome post by a twitter friend of mine..Life in a Venti Cup about 'Giada worthy kitchens' Giada as in FoodNetwork's own Giada de Laurentis. And she's not kidding around. These are kitchens you'd see on a cooking show set and would be so lucky to have. If only there was a prep crew in a real life who would do all the pre and post cooking work.

And finally there's the gallery on Kitchens.com where I dream of the kitchen I haven't met yet. Will I be Rustic? Modern? Choices Choices. But ohhh stainless steel appliances...pot racks over the island...tiled backsplashes...

A girl can dream!

xo,
Michelle


4 comments:

  1. in germany many university-students have kitchens like yours. they called, "Studenten-Küchen" (students-kitchen).

    i like your kitchen. i'm remembered into the past of my student-live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a stove, can't see it in the picture. It's a big kitchen by NYC standards so I consider myself very luck in that respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is there a kitchen in every flat - like a standard? yesterday - for interest - i surfed the website

    http://us.easyroommate.com/

    and i'm very terrified about the rend for a little room in a NYC apartment.

    today, a young german teacher apply for a room in my flat(id like leaving with a flatmate). the rent is only 300€. hmm, i think it would be very profitable to have a flat in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually get the same way, only with beds. I search online and through catalogs all the time just looking. I think the bedroom furniture stores make things just look to nice.

    ReplyDelete