Page Navigation

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Can I go back to College?

Tar-jay!

After PreK or Kindergarten I think the best academic event to go 'back to school' for is college.
I love love love 'back to school' shopping. I'm lucky as a teacher to get to do it even as a grown up!

So baby sister is off to be a Freshmen at Florida State. WOo HOo. Today was at least the 3rd dorm related shopping trip and by far one of my favorites because we went to Target. Say it with me now "Tar-jay". You already know I live for it and thankfully only have to travel 13 blocks to get to our closest store. Today in pretty suburban Orlando Target was pure joy. We got all the things Little B needs to make her room comfy cozy and keep it clean. She already has her towels & bedding so this will hopefully be the last trip. We shall see.
~Some basic cleaning supplies - she and 3 other girls will be sharing a bathroom, never hurts to be prepare!
~A pretty 5piece place setting (dish, bowl, silverware) and 2 clear cups
~Iron (which I have to put on my own Target list because ummm we don't have one)
~Very basic alarm/clock radio
~The beauty stuff. Soap, toothpaste, you name it we got 2 of everything so she is well stocked to start the Fall semester off right. Target had a buy 2 get 1 free value pack of toothpaste...I love love love their value deals like this!
~Plastic bin for said beauty/shower stuff.
~and Hello Kitty pencils from the Dollar Bins. SCORE! I mean what more does a girl need for school?

A few trips ago she got the very handy 3-draw plastic bin so as she buys things they go into the draws to help the packing process next week. I have one of those bins in the bathroom at home and it's so great. It will possibly get emptied once she's at school or just kept as a nice storage container for all her 'extras'. My problem with Target happens with the dorm stuff - it's all seasonal so if she'd like an extra place setting come October it will all be gone. Sucks. The turnover of merchandise there is incredible.

I officially miss college so so much. And would like to somehow go back and relive all the fun of Senior year for another 4 years. :)

On the subject of 'back to school' please take a look at "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" by write Robert Fulghum "Think what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world - had cookies and milk at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then lay down with our blankies for a nap." Very true indeed.

xo,

Michelle

5 comments:

  1. at first, i must google for Target to know, what are you talking about :).

    there's nice stuff at Target. id like the colors. but it's not my favorite thinking going back to school.

    you are teacher, what kind of teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favorite stores along with ikea
    http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My youngest brother is headed off to Penn State and I was so jealous when we went shopping for dorm decor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A yes Ikea, another great spot. All these stores make me so jealous! Nothing this cute when I was going shopping for dorm things.

    ReplyDelete