Page Navigation

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Where do I get my food?

I get asked this a lot - by non-urban dwellers. Mostly they ask about the deal with my 'stove' but that's another post. 

"Where DO city ppl get their food? Do you eat out/order in every night? "

Well duh - we DO have supermarkets & small markets and no we don't always eat out, sometimes we cook!

I have a really great large Supermarket & a gourmet market both within walking distance. Usually we make it a Sunday errand to stock up for the week so we're not stopping by after work. So here's how it usually breaks down. 

Gourmet Store - meats, cheeses, olives, fruit & produce, nutella, chocolate and anything 'special' there are a lot of ethnic foods here I can't wait to try both freshly made & pre-packed. 

Supermarket - milk, cereal, eggs, pantry items, anything in a box/can. There is a fairly good tasting 'organic' brand that our supermarket sells which I try to buy a lot of. Snacks from here usually too. Coffee since we have an awesome coffeemaker. 

So yes - you can find enough to keep a kitchen full here in the city! 

No comments:

Post a Comment