Page Navigation

Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Other White Meat


 
I got this recipe from a great cookbook: Everyday Food: Great Food Fast from the Martha Stewart Living Mag. A great paperback book with simple easy to follow recipes along with great pictures.  Broken down by season this is a great great book. It really is quick and easy. A great work week dinner! 

Crispy Apricot Pork Chops
serves 4 - prep time 10 minutes - total time 30min
1 Tablespoon olive oil - plus more for baking sheet
2 slice multi grain sandwich bread
4 bone in pork loin chops (about 8 oz each, 3/4 to 1 inch thick) patted dry
Coarse salt & fresh ground pepper
4 teaspoons apricot jam
1.  Preheat oven to 425F. (I used my convection toaster oven!!) Brushed a rimmed backing sheet with oil, set aside. 
2. Tear the bread into large pieces; place in food processor. Pulse until large crumbs form. (I tore up the bread into smaller pieces as I have no food processor) Drizzle with the oil; pulse once or twice, just until the crumbs are moistened. (You should have about 1 1/2 cups remaining)
3. Season the pork chops generously with salt and pepper; spread one side of each chop with 1 teaspoon jam. Dividing evenly, sprinkle the bread crumbs over the jam, and pat them on gently. 
4. Transfer the pork, coated side up, to the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the crust is golden and the pork is opaque throughout (the meat should register 150F on an instant-read thermometer) 14 to 16 minutes. Serve immediately. 


I paired it with some grilled asparagus. I used my always reliable George Foreman grill. I made a simple oil based 'dressing' for the veggies. Some olive oil, lemon juice, black pepper and garlic. I spread it on the asparagus while grilling. Smelled SO good. And tasted great too. As noted by the 'clean plate club'! 

For more pics click here...



No comments:

Post a Comment