Page Navigation

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Simple Things


Christina at Soul Aperture is doing a "Simple Things" post with a twist. For every "Simple Things" blog post her family will donate $1.00, to Doctors Without Borders (up to 250.00). Here's what a "Simple Things" post is...
"dear january, we love you but, it's time to show you who's boss! my friends and i are posting the simple things in life, that we appreciate. we will weave our words with love, gratefulness, meaning and spunk.no matter how big or small, we will bring light with the simple things."

Please consider writing your own "Simple Things" post and comment on her blog. 

So on to my "Simple Things"
*Watching it flurry at dusk*
*Making Hot Chocolate for a class of chilly 1st graders*
*Text messages from my mom*
*A nice glass of red wine*
*Having dessert first*
*Giggling over something really immature w/ a co-worker during our weekly mtng*
*I still have my Christmas tree up and I don't care who knows it*
*Turning on the lights of said Christmas tree every night*
*The little boy wearing pajamas that light up under his school uniform*
*Oatmeal*
*Ugg boots...I don't care what you say, my feet are sooo warm!*
*Texts, Facebook Messages, Voicemails and finally real conversations with my sisters*
*"Hey Miss...I brought something HEALTHY for snack!!!"*
*5years ago tonight my husband and I met and he remembers!*
*Comfy pajamas*
*Mittens that change into fingerless gloves*
*Stella Artois*
*Grilled Cheese Sandwich & Tomato Soup*
*The flicker of a candle*
*Dancing in the apt before I leave for work to whatever music I feel like*
*Escaping back in Mexico at least in my mind*
*"It's our pleasure to serve you" coffee cups*
*For compassion, faith, love and miracles, especially for and in Haiti*

xo,
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Love your list!! Especially dessert first (!) and Stella!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful list - and having a husband that remembers is a special gift

    ReplyDelete
  3. dessert first? oh, that is love! and then grilled cheese and tomato soup.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the flicker of a candle. very nice list.

    coming over from Soul Aperture to share in the simple things with you.

    one love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this idea of Christina's such fun? I love how many of us are roaming the blogroads stopping to say hello here and there. So, hello to you. Happy almost-Friday.


    Hey - my word verification is stomp. Isn't that fun?

    ReplyDelete