Page Navigation

Thursday, July 2, 2009

More grilling...

A few nights ago we had an indoor bbq. Between all the rain & the lack of private outdoor space, it's the best we could do. Lotsa people bbq in the park by us, but we aren't ready for that quite yet. And anyway, sometimes on a cool rainy night it's nice to be home, dry & chowing down on good eats!


hot dogs & corn grilling
I sprinkle red pepper on the corn as it grills, gives it a good kick!
Please Note: If you're grilling raw meat, don't risk cross contaminating: cook everything separate. Since they are pre-cooked and just need warming up, we're ok with the hot dogs.

The spread! YUM
In addition to the dogs, corn and stop & shop mac. salad there's the other must have: beans.
Now, I'm not about to make homemade baked beans for 2. So I use the canned stuff and warm them up. Additionally, thanks to a tip from a friend in my share house, I add some crushed pineapple. I know it sounds really weird but the pineapple gives the beans a light kinda sweet flavor and I love it.

Some great grilling recipes from Healthy Eats Blog and lots of tips from FoodNetwork Really great salads and slaws from SmittenKitchen


1 comment:

  1. this post made me miss home so much! i'm in paris right now and craving a 4th of july bbq!! happy 4th

    ReplyDelete