Page Navigation

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Food To Go

I'm browsing the online version of the NYTimes and this article made me giggle. Earlier in the week I was near Lincoln Center running to a massage appointment (a nice treat for the end of school) and was hungry. I didn't want to sit down and eat or get fast food so I got a dirty water dog. That's a hot dog from a push cart to those non-New Yorkers. Usually they are delicious despite the not so appealing name. Sadly - the one I had was not. Stale bun. Tasteless dog. So disappointing. Not even the spicy mustard could help this poor dog out.

Today in the Times there's an article about Street Vendors & the problems they have been facing lately - everything from a fake permit scandal to parking woes. I googled street vendors to find out a little more info about them and came up with a few good links & blogs
Food Vendor Watch - by a fellow Bronx Blogger
Street Vendor Project - a project from the Urban Justice System to help education and fight for the rights of street vendor workers
Cartograhy - by NYMagazine. Everything you'd like to know about cart food. Includes a top 20 list of food carts (don't look for my dirty water dog guy here, thank goodness!)

4 comments:

  1. There's are a great site I just learned of - midtownlunch.com - everything you want to know re: food on the go, in the area!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they are always saying stuff about them to the point I am very leery. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey wassup..im diggin ur blog..follow me on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blog. I'm sorry to hear about your dog...I know what it's like to really look forward to hot dog experience and come up empty handed.

    ReplyDelete