Page Navigation

Monday, July 20, 2009

I'm still here!

A pretty spot in Central Park

It's been a lazy July here at the Wisk. I've been cooking some of the same favorites I've blogged about earlier in the summer: grilled chicken, pasta with veggies, grilled salmon, grilled corn on the cob. Woa a lot of grilling! All with low stress planning & cooking - always a huge plus in the summer.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for a looooong stay in Florida to see my parents & sisters. While I am super excited to see them for what has become a yearly summer visit, I'm sad to leave husby who has to stay here in NYC and work - boo! I remember being little and my mom shleping us thru Islip Airport, down to Florida while my dad stayed home and worked so I guess this is fact of life in some ways: husbands work, wives get to play! At least those of us who are teachers with great vacation time! Anyway, my mom would always plan a few meals for my dad ahead of time, freeze them, and leave simple instructions on the tupperware. How awesome is she? I'm not going that far (I know he'll do take out a few nights) but I wouldn't want to leave him with an empty kitchen so I sent in a Peapod order today. I got some salmon so I'll cook that tomorrow before I leave. Also his favorites - Amy's burritos! And a bunch of other healthy little snacks that he loves: walnuts, dried apricots, etc.

I don't suspect I'll do a lot of blogging while I'm away but we'll see. So excited for some of mom's home cooking (she loves to grill!) and to cook a little for my family as well.

Happy rest of the summer to you!

xo,
Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. It's very cute. I especially love the pattern in your sidebar. Looks like I have some reading to do ...

    Also, the TBFC quote is adorable. Never heard that before, I'm a big fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies!!

    Rebecca - there is a link to the "the cutest blog on the block" where I got my blog design from up in the top left corner of my page. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello michelle,

    i font your sisters blog and than the link to your side. i like it. i'm a english-student from germany and i want to improve my english.

    your side is predestinated for that. i like the style of writing you have!

    ReplyDelete