Page Navigation

Monday, June 8, 2009

My sister Graduated!



I flew home this past week for a quick visit and to see Baby Sister graduate High School. 4 days of hanging out and being crazy with my family = the best! So so so hard to leave them but in about 5 weeks I should be back to spend a good chunk of my summer there. She's there in the middle - all the girl graduates wear black dresses under their robes - so classy and grown up!
Annnnyway - I was looking forward to my mom's cooking but she decided it was too hot and too stressful to cook. And too early - graduation was on the other side of town and my sister had to be there at 7:30am! And with 8 of us (5 family friends, 1 boyfriend, 2 family friends) she ruled out grilling since she wanted to enjoy our company & spend time with us. What to do? 

Enter Boston Market. We had trays of delicious chicken, mixed veggies, boiled potatoes, corn bread and mac & cheese and a gallon of ice tea. They threw in all the condiments we could ever need, butter, honey etc AND silverware, serving spoons and cups. You could take everything out of the trays and present it all in your pretty serving ware but why dirty more plates? We served ourselves buffet style and ate till we almost burst. The food was really good and you can even make your catering order online - so simple!



Luckily for all of us my mom baked a cake with sweet icing and a strawberry jam filling. YUM




Congrats EMILY! 

2 comments: