Page Navigation

Monday, June 1, 2009

Breakfast Burritos!

Don't these look good? Over Memorial Day our share-house mom made breakfast burritos that were SO good, I was dying to get home and try making them myself.
Before I cooked I did a little online research. Mr Breakfast has a great article about making the perfect scrambled eggs that provided the base recipe for our eggs.
4 Eggs
4 tspn Milk (I didn't measure...I started pouring and counted to 4, very scientific method)
few handfulls of Mexican style shredded Cheese
some shakes of Bacon Toppings (I know, not very healthy and not everyone eats bacon. Use what you want)
Dashes of Salt & Pepper

Wisk the eggs for a bit and add in ALL the other ingredients. Wisk a little more. The key is that the cheese and bacon toppings are mixed together and not just tossed on top of the eggs while they cook. Tastes much yummier this way. Pour the mixture into your pan/skillet and cook as you normally do eggs. Some people really scramble their egg mixture, some people are a little more gentle. Whatever works for you. Mine came out really fluffy and I was SO happy!!

Peapod substituted and gave us HUGE wraps...oh well. We ended up rolling them up and then cutting, eating very civilized with a knife and fork. I had taco sauce ready but being Mid-western the MR. just wanted ketchup :) 

Mr. Breakfast is on Twitter!! Am I following? You betcha! 

2 comments:

  1. That looks so good and like a fantastic idea for "brinner" one night! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great idea for brinner! I had two eggs left and made myself a batch a few days after we had them for brunch. You can add a chopped tomato too - yummy!

    ReplyDelete