Page Navigation

Sunday, May 10, 2009

What Mom has Taught Me

Here I am with Mom - she not only cooked lots of great food but look at the costumes she sewed for the two of us one year! I had a small obsession with Garfield and made her hold him 


Happy Mother's Day! 

I have been blessed in my life to not only have an amazing mother but also 2 fabulous grandmas. These 3 women taught me all I know about cooking - ok that's not true because I don't know a whole lot and they are/were amazing in the kitchen. I would not be The Urban Whisk had it not been for many many many meals and baking sessions spent standing up on a kitchen chair watching one of them cook. I wouldn't love baking had it not been for the draw full of cookie cutters in our kitchen growing up. The recipes not written down. The stylish way a Sunday lunch was prepared and presented at our dining room table. The adorable upstate NY farmhouse kitchen, with 2nd freezer & sink in the backroom. Tea time. Lick the bowl. Eat your veggies. Mallomars & Bon Bons. Elegant china. Sunday Waffle Nights. Wooden Salad Bowls, Rice in the Salt Shaker. And oh yes - a wide assortment of dishtowels, tupperware, tommy tippie cups, and of course whisks. 

 Ladies - thank you for everything! Grandma P and Grandmother B - miss you both so so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment