Page Navigation

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

a little memory

my facebook photo this week - we loved to go on the swings together!


Yesterday would have been my grandfather's birthday. I don't have many memories of him or my grandma that don't include food hehe. Grandpa loved Tootsie Rolls. Rye Bread. Any kind of Fish. Lingonberry jam. Swedish Meatballs. He loved to read and often read There's a Wocket in my Pocket to me at bedtime. My very last memory of us together is at breakfast. He was very sick but bc it was my last morning home that weekend he got to the table so we could have our bowl of cornflakes together :) He was so romantic and treated my grandma like a queen always. 

I was super lucky when I was little that his birthday was the day before mine - that meant 2 cakes in 2 days!! And 4 days later another cake for Grandma's birthday. I suppose only having 1 cake is all part of being a grown up but it's no fun - I miss my grandparents! And the extra cake :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment