Page Navigation

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pretty Flower

How can you not love the scene from Bambi when Thumper is teaching Bambi words? He learns what a flower is and then calls the Skunk "pretty flower" awww. Possibly one of only a few funny scenes in an otherwise cry fest of an animated kids movie. 


My daddy and my husband both sent me flowers today, a day early for my birthday. Tom sent a great bouquet of red roses to work :) When I finally got them opened up at home I could not believe how many roses were wrapped up! Thanks honey xoxo  Daddy sent me gardenias. In the mail. I kid you not. He wrapped a few stems up in wet paper and then put them all in a ziplock bag. They arrived a little squished but are perking up quiet nicely. They smell amazing - so strong. I may have to move them around a bit to keep them from getting too strong in one room.  I almost didn't get them since the Post Office was convinced Mrs. Tom so and so and I are not the same person I should have Tom so and so's ID next time I pick up HIS package. Hello?? It says Mrs!! Anway, I'm such a lucky almost birthday girl! :)

Don't let this picture fool you - I promise I own real vases but these stems are too short!  

On the subject of birthdays and gardenias I am lucky to share the week with my grandpa and grandma. My grandpa would have had his today and grandma on Sunday.  3 ice cream cakes in one week - growing up it was an awesome week :) Gardenias were grandma's favorite and my grandpa always got her a corsage of gardenias when her birthday fell on Mother's Day (as it does this year) She had a beautiful bush in the backyard where these are from - I'm so happy I'm tearing up a little.  

No comments:

Post a Comment