Page Navigation

Monday, November 24, 2008

Yummy Fall Smell

Having the windows closed now make the apt stuffy. I hate stuffy. I love candles and such but every now and then I need a good clean smell to clear the air. 

My mom makes this magical pot of spices & water to make the kitchen/dining/living room all smell delicious (it's one big great room! i miss home...). It's not an exact recipe I guess since it's all guessing & playing with whatever spices & smells you like the best. 

Fill a pot at least half way if not more with water. Add a 3 whole cinnamon sticks, a handful of whole cloves, some star ansie & orange peel. Bring to a boil - watching the water level so there are no accidents. After it boils you can turn down the heat & keep the delicious smell coming thru the whole house. I find that due to the layout of our apt I have to carry the pot thru the other rooms if I want the smell somewhere besides the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment