Page Navigation

Sunday, December 20, 2009

"Lorelai Does Santa's Dry Cleaning"


Gigi: Why do you have Santa's clothes?
Lorelai: Because ... I ...used to do Santa's dry cleaning.
Gigi: Wow.

Ahhh how I managed to twist dry cleaning, Christmas and Gilmore Girls into one post is remarkable (if I do say so myself) so here I go.

Living in a 5th floor walk up with no laundry facilities in the building is um an experience. I have learned to love drop-off service where gasp, someone else does my laundry. I got over the weirdness factor very quickly when I realized it would save me precious time during graduate school.

We love our laundry/dry clean place and I think the sweet husband and wife owners love us too. My husband is a little like Santa himself every weekend carrying our huge bag over his shoulder down the stairs and across the street. And sometimes the dry cleaning & dress shirts too. He has taken it on as one of his chores and I can' t thank him enough for doing it faithfully every weekend.

Enter yesterday - picture me slightly hung over from work holiday party not wanting to get out of bed for anything. And him going to the office. "I'm leaving you the laundry slips. Can you please pick up my shirts & dry cleaning?" I must have mummbled yes because when I finally stumbled out of bed around 2pm there they were on the coffee table. Crap. Not only was my mouth dry, my head in some kind of dull pain but it was also starting to snow. So being the great wife I am I sucked it up, got dressed and went down to pick everything up right?

Wrong. You veteran wives are shaking your heads at me I know. Lucky for me the store was opened today, despite all the snow, and husband can go to work in a freshly washed & starched shirt. And I have learned a lesson about not putting things off.



xo,
Michelle


1 comment:

  1. He has taken it on as one of his chores and I can' t thank him enough for doing it faithfully every weekend.
    buy wagyu

    ReplyDelete