Page Navigation

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Breakfast: Huevos Rancheros

Before Hannukah, Christmas, Kwanza and New Year's come and go...here's one last post about the food fest that is Thanksgiving. We went to the movies & dinner at Maria Pia . Maria Pia had great Turkey & wine...my favorite! Really want to go back for a proper Italian meal there...looked so so good. While out and about I snapped this pic of the Empire State Building decked out for the night.
I suppose one of my favorite traditions is cooking breakfast the morning of Thanksgiving. Well, any holiday for that matter. And my favorite breakfast is anything to do with eggs. Especially, thanks to Yuca Bar, huevos rancheros. This is my go to recipe from the Food Network

The kinda lousy thing about buying a dozen eggs is well then you have a dozen eggs and when you're just cooking for two you have to try to figure out what else to make. But no brainer, let's make more eggs! So the day after Thanksgiving, when everyone else was in Black Friday Madness (or if you ask me, one of the layer's of Hell) I scrambled the remaining eggs, used the left-over bean sauce (yum so good) and made wraps.


What's your favorite thing to cook for breakfast?



xo,
Michelle


2 comments:

  1. I love huevos rancheros - YUM!

    One of my fav diners in Midtown (Comfort Diner) makes a really delish version of these - perfect for Sunday brunch!

    XOXO
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Now I'm starving!! :)

    ReplyDelete