Page Navigation

Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend in Waco!



Where did this past weekend go? I flew out to see my little sister at Baylor this weekend for their 100th year of celebrating Homecoming. I went to a small college so it was a great experience to be on a big campus & see all the fuss over floats, a football game & such. Everything really is bigger in Texas! And of course since I was in Waco I had tons of my favorite soda - Dr. Pepper! Yummy! AND since I had a stop over in Atlanta I also got a few Diet Coke from their 'homeland' too. :)


At the game we grabbed the best snack/dessert of all time....Funnel Cake. I snapped a quick picture before I got dusted in most of the powdered sugar. New flash - black fleece & white powder = one big mess.


Funnel Cake has its roots in Pennsylvania Dutch region here in the North East. Batter is poured thru a funnel and deep fried, then sprinkled with the powdered sugar. So good. I've had it at the Shore & it is typically at State Fairs too. I skipped on the other typical State Fair food - the corn dog. Are you a fan of Corn Dogs? Got any other favorite fried foods?? Love to hear from ya!

Sic'em Bears!



xo,
Michelle


2 comments:

  1. so jealous! this makes me miss home! funnel cakes... amazing. I also thoroughly enjoy Sonic cheese tots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd get a limeade everyday if we had Sonic here in NYC.

    I really love Texas!

    ReplyDelete