Page Navigation

Saturday, January 10, 2009

We'll always have Paris

Before I continue with 2009 posts...let's see some food pics from Paris. We didn't do much shopping, but boy did we eat! Dinner is a slow, delicious event. I have a new appreciation for fizzy bottled water. The croissants are so buttery, flakey and good. 

As far as restaurants go they were VERY accommodating to tourists. Many had English menus and some had other languages as well. Many Parisians speak English, of course. We were told how rude they would be to us but didn't find that to be true at all. It was the other tourists who were rude. C'est la vie. :) 

Aside from our special Christmas night dinner at Market we were creatures of habit. We stuck to our neighborhood in the 7th and went to 1 place three times. A little embarrassing to admit I guess but the food was SO good! Onion soup, steaks, creme brulee, delicious bottles of Cote Rhone reds. Luckily this place was close to the Champs de Mars, the big park by the Eiffel Tower so we could walk off our meal a little. Rue Cler was nearby and tho we never got up early enough to go to the market I did catch a pic of my favorites - oysters! 

having issues with uploading pics, sorrrrrry

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! We are planning on a trip there next year, will be bringing our 3-yr-old along. Can't wait to see it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have a wonderful time! What time of year are you going? Would love to answer any questions you have, let me know! I give you BIG thumbs up for traveling with a little one, i don't know how we will ever do it when our day comes, I'm a big mess when we travel and it's just us!!

    ReplyDelete